Bright, Lemon tea, Peach-like acidity
Omkoi, Chiang Mai
1,200 - 1,300 m
Chiang Mai 80, Typica
About the Product
P' Sopa started working in the coffee industry because she loved nature and wanted to contribute to its preservation. She saw the changes and destruction of natural vegetation that occurred when the locals of Omkoi Village stopped producing opium and turned to clear forest grounds to farm more vegetables. So she persuaded more and more farmers to start growing coffee trees instead because they can coexist in the forest harmoniously with other native floras, eliminating the need to cut down any more trees.
Her coffee was awarded the top prize by the Specialty Coffee Association of Thailand (SCATH) in 2015, and it has consistently been ranked in the top five in the competition since then.
The coffee cherries are picked and then pulped the next day (delayed pulping increases sweetness). After pulping, the cherries are immediately fermented in water (wet fermentation). The next day (after 24 hours of fermentation), they are washed and dried on a raised bed in the shade for 10-14 days. The fully-washed process gives this coffee its brightness and beautiful notes of Meyer lemon and apricot with a Mandarin orange-like acidity.
- Every order purchased before 1pm on Monday - Friday will be delivered to your door within 2 days.
- Every order purchased after 1pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be delivered to your door within 3-4 days.
- FREE SHIPPING for orders over 400THB.
- Please complete your payment within 2 hours, or your order will be automatically canceled.
- All orders will be delivered using SCG Express.