Nui and Aoy
Bold, Cranberries, Red apple-like acidity
Doi Saket, Chiang Mai
Nui and Aoy
About the Product
Nui and Aoy are second-generation farmers whose passion and grit are deeply reflected in the amazing quality of their coffee. Working with limitations such as steep terrains and scarce resources meant that they must be extremely careful at every step of the process. However, the challenges they faced have only encouraged them to experiment with more techniques that will allow them to bring out the true potential of their coffee.
This experimental lot of coffee involves adding in an extra step of yeast fermentation in the honey process. Nui and Aoy begin by fermenting whole coffee cherries, in which Lalcafe yeasts were added to the fermentation tank to help complete the fermentation process. When the yeast consumes the sugar in the coffee fruit during the fermentation, it releases a CO2 gas - which looks fizzy and bubbly, hence the name of the process: Fizzy Honey. Once the fermentation is complete, the coffee gets pulped and left to dry on a raised bed for 14-20 days.
Lalcafe yeast was specifically developed for this coffee fermentation process. Yeast-induced fermentation reflects a new frontier for the coffee industry, which is now demonstrating a clear preference for more controlled and scientific methods of coffee processing. We believe that this coffee exhibits a complex structure but with great consistency in flavor, especially compared to those that only use natural yeast in the fermentation process.
- Every order purchased before 1pm on Monday - Friday will be delivered to your door within 2 days.
- Every order purchased after 1pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be delivered to your door within 3-4 days.
- FREE SHIPPING for orders over 400THB.
- Please complete your payment within 2 hours, or your order will be automatically canceled.
- All orders will be delivered using SCG Express.